Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lupron = Awful


As part of our upcoming frozen embryo transfer my doctor has me on Lupron. Lupron is seriously the devil. It's not bad enough that we IFers have to deal with infertility itself, but we get the pleasure of experiencing the side effects of these crazy drugs.  At first Lupron seems manageable, you get used to the sharp, blinding headaches, and you think "ok this isn't so bad" then start the hot flashes, then the crazies. Yes, I call them the crazies, because I feel like a true crazy person and I'm trapped in someone else's body. I'm not mean or emotional, I just truly feel like I belong in the nut house some days. My only hope is that once I start the estrogen it will balance things back out... Here's to hoping! 

Ugh, I hate to be a complainer, but has anyone not had side effects on this drug? I fear this is a glimpse into what menopause will be like. My mother-in-law and I are able to commensurate together about how terrible hot flashes are...so that's good. 

To try and end on a positive note, I AM excited to have this process underway. Even though the quality of our eggs are questionable I have faith. Whether this is ultimately successful or not, I do know that it will bring us one step closer to our future family.

And if not, He is still good... 

No comments:

Post a Comment