Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Excited first post!



(...taps mic...) Is this thing on?

Hi! Welcome to the blog; I'm so glad you're here! Please bear with me as I attempt to create this space. Do not mistake my younger age (late 20s) for the ability to use technology well. I have the technological proficiency of my 83 year old grandmother.


In any case, I am so glad you are here! After 4 long years battling infertility we still have no answers. This blog is my feeble attempt to share what I've learned during this journey with the hope of connecting to others on a similar journey. Infertility has touched every part of my life; my marriage, my faith, my friendships, my relationships with my family, our finances, and our privacy (just to name a few!). In the beginning of our journey I felt so.alone. (Heck, some days I still feel like I'm on a deserted island, but at least now I think we have cell service). I loved being able to read about others' experiences and feel a connection with other women or couples who knew what I was going through; who understood the pain and the grief that infertility brings. This is pain unlike any other that I've experienced. In a lot of cases, and in my experience, infertility doesn't give any finality. Unlike the grief and pain experienced when you lose a loved one, infertility doesn't make the decision for you - there is ALWAYS some other treatment you can pursue, another doctor you can see, etc. You are left grieving in the dark, without knowing when or if things will ever get better.


I am here to tell you that, yes (!!) there is light in the dark. Things can be better and it has absolutely nothing to do with the status of my uterus. I serve a God who is bigger than our infertility. He is bigger than any diagnosis that has or ever will be given. There is genuine purpose to my pain but my trust is in the Lord. Does that make infertility and IVF easy? Nope, it still sucks. Does it mean that my husband and I blindly go skipping through a meadow of daisies and rainbows and unicorns on the way to our Reproductive Endocrinologists? Nope (although that does sounds like fun). The pain is real, and I will be the first to admit that I get angry at God, and sometimes I question Him. But, his love for me never changes, and that is something worth holding onto. 




I'll try to keep things short on this first post and I'll try to wrap up... I'm excited to begin on my blogging adventure and hope that enjoy my ramblings :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment